Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Week 2

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

This second week didn't got as planned,

That is alright tho. I tried to get in contact with Sofia; however, I have not received any information back yet. Sofia is the sister to one of my close friends mother. Its a little bit complicated. When I visited this family over the summer they told me they have a relative who helps make art portfolios for colleges, and that she would be willing to help. I thought this would be great idea and I have one hundred percent confidence they will get back to me.

In the mean time I decided to make some props for a few new photo shoots I plan to do with Makenna Jacobson, Jacob Strouf, and Deven Grant. Each photo shoot will have one individual model as the focus. So far I have made one crown and and am in the process of making another.






This is the shattered crown. It is still in the process of being completed. I had to shatter the mirror with my trusty meat mallet. I did this between cardboard to keep pieces of glass from going all over the place. Now I am hot gluing the shards onto a base covered in black cloth by hand. It can be tedious and a bit frustrating trying to make it look natural but its is coming along quiet well. I did this in my room and needless to say... I am not walking around barefoot any time soon. 



Second is the Butterfly crown. This crown looks nice and pretty but was just as hard as the shattered crown. I had to cut the flower heads off and the leaves and then combine two wires to make a head piece that is comfortable for the model. Then I wrapped the wire in green tape to create a visual of the wire being a vine. I then hot glued the flowers on and used wire for the butterflies. I have made one other flower crown that I used in a series of photos called The Natural Man. Two photos are shown at the bottom of the blog. 
Even tho I didn't get what I wanted out of the week it was not wasted. I have only a few shards of glass left in me but I'm sure they will come out. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea you used to intertwine art! I have never pondered that thought. It seems like pictures could get much deeper in the emotion or story they are telling with that impact.

    I also support the fact that you are setting goals. I wish you luck in accomplishing to edit images into your subject. I am eager to see the result of this.

    The picture of your brother reminded me of the matter that I love people pictures! In my opinion they are much more relatable, have personality, and add more of a touch/feeling vs landscape.

    If I were in attempt to make a crown, similar to what you are in the process of, I know I would get so impatient and frustrated. As you can tell I am not the sort that are cut out for arts and crafts. I give you credit for the patience you have taken to achieve this task.

    I have some questions. Relating to the fact that you have created a series named "The Natural Man", how many pictures are in a series? Will you include a full series in your portfolio? How many have series have you created?

    I am so curious about the act of photo shoots themselves! I think you should blog in detail about how you prep, what goes on, funny stories, horror stories, what to do, what not to do, and what you look for in a model. I enjoyed your blog and look forward to seeing your finished products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Your work is incredible. I love the idea of crowns. How did you come up with it? Also, how do you pick titles for your works? You clearly have great talent if the field of fine art photography. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend, you are beyond talented with your love for photography. Your editing skills with color and contrast are out of this world. Did you have to buy an editing program to do the editing or is it just on your computer? I would very much be interested in learning about your editing process so I can edit some of my pictures. I'm also a photography lover or more so a hoarder of too many pictures. keep up this fantastic work you are doing. It will do wonders for you in the long run.

    ReplyDelete